I hope all the Mama’s out there had an amazing Mother’s Day! Navigating holidays during quarantine has been interesting to say the least. But one cool thing is that it makes you think outside of the normal routine! It makes you become creative during such a time of need.
I am extremely thankful I was able to spend the day with my mom to celebrate how amazing she is! My parents live in South Jersey. I wanted to take a few minutes to recap what we did this weekend, because we had such a great time and would be the perfect day, even if we weren’t in quarantine.
- We started the morning was a delicious breakfast casserole. Linking a similar recipe here. Breakfast casseroles are great because you can prep them the night before and then day of you just need to pop them in the oven! My mom recently sent me a recipe for a caprese version that I plan to try soon!
- Second was MOM-osas!
- Next, we headed over to one of the cutest coffee shops nearby, Evermore Coffee Roasters. I did a blog post on them a few weeks ago, you can check it out here.
- A big lunch was on the game plan for the afternoon. My dad had picked up catering from Due Amici’s a local Italian restaurant. They currently have an amazing special $40 for dinner for 4. Salad, Pasta, and Chicken all of your choosing. Not to mention it comes with Garlic Knots and Cannolis. Linked their menu here.
- Then, the next thing on the agenda was at home Mani Pedis! We both used the cutest color from OPI- Tickle My France-y.
- A quick pit stop to stock up on the Vino.
- Next it was off to enjoy the warm weather in my moms back yard with a few visitors! My cousin Sharon and her Husband Brandon came over for a little Happy Hour.
- Would the night have been complete without a Bonfire?
- My specialty – Charcuterie was next on the menu.
- Last, but not least, we ended the night with ice cream from Friendly’s.
All things considered with COVID-19, we had a pretty amazing Mother’s Day!
One thought on “Mother’s Day 2020”
Great Mother’s Day celebration!! Trampoline fun?