Favorite Baltimore Restaurant:
K: Tagliata // T: Tagliata
Favorite Baltimore Coffee Shop:
K: Aveley Farms // T: Ceremony
K: Belvedere Dirty Martini with Blue Cheese Olives // T: Tanqueray 10 and Tonic
K: Moët // T: Tanqueray 10
Favorite Place to go for Cocktails:
K: The Bygone // T: The Elk Room
K: Tony took me to Mexico for my birthday! My favorite memory was taking Mexican fire shots at breakfast // T: Playing Poker
Favorite Home Cooked Meal:
K: Tony’s Lobster Tails // T: Ground Turkey – Tomato Sauce – Spinach & Mushrooms
Favorite Grocery Store:
K: Trader Joe’s // T: Harris Teeter
K: Spin & Getting Coffee // T: Poker
Favorite Take Out Spot:
K: Samos // T: Chipparelis
Something you are Proud of:
K: The amount of spin classes I took in 2021 // T: 400 hours booked of poker
K: Peony // T: Dahlia
K: Mexico & Philly // T: Mexico
Favorite Donut Shop:
K: Cloudy Donuts // T: Cloudy Donuts
Favorite Local Boutique:
K: Mint & Major/ Brightside // T: Mint & Major
K: Heat Waves by Glass Animals // T: Hate Me! MASN
K: Bryce Vine & Quinn XXCI // T: Quinn XXCI
In 2021 We Traveled to:
Mexico, Vegas, Somers Point, Florida, Philly
Goal for 2022:
K: Complete 75 day hard // T: Play 500 hours of Poker
xoxo, Kate & Tony
1. There are positives in everything.
2. There are so many good people in the world.
3. The power of community is amazing.
4. Home is where I am with you.
5. Material things don’t matter.
The thing I look forward to the most in fall is going on a hayride and Pumpkin Picking at Johnsons Corner Farm in NJ! This was something I did every year growing up with my family. It’s a tradition that Tony and I carry on now!
What’s your favorite fall tradition?
Looking for a Staycation in Baltimore, look no further! The 1840s Carrollton Inn is historic, beautiful, and cozy for your next stay.
Sipping wine in the courtyard was the absolute highlight of my stay!
I remember a few years ago when my friend’s washing machine and dryer went out and she had no idea what to do. I suggested that we go to a local laundry mat because we need to get her clothes washed, dried and folded not just for her but her husband and children too. I’m honestly super grateful that we foudn one near by which had everything we needed to get these loads of laundry finished! If you have never been to a laundromat, there are a few tips to help you pass the time as well as get in, get out and on with your day.
SORTING IT ALL : One of the easy ways to get in and out is making sure that everyting is sorted before you go. Remember, you’ll want to keep things in the same color to make it easier. You can have a white basket as well as a colored basket. Also- simplicity is key! Keeping it simple on what brings what you really need to wash such as your detergent ( pods are actually easier to put in a plastic bag ) plus a few dryer sheets.
Pick Early Morning or Late Night Times: Most laundrymats are open 24/7 so in order to not be there with a huge rush, you’ll want to pick times when it’s empty. Usually early mornings or late at night are good ideas because no many people will be using and washing their clothes. Try and do your laundry on a week night because weekends or times after work are extremely busy.
Clean Out Washers : Since you don’t know who the last person was to use the dryer and the washer. Be sure to give them all a good wipe down before you use them just to be on the safe side, especially with things still up in the air with people not wearing masks. It’s a great precaution to have and use when you are going to a location that you have never been too.
Don’t Leave Your Clothes Unattended: I know it can be really difficult to sit there while your laundry’s getting clean but please don’t leave your churning clothes unattended. If you leave, someone might take the liberty of piling your clothes on top of one of the tables in order to use the machine.
Basket: Don’t forget to bring a basket or a bag to help you bring all your nice clean clothes home! Bags can help too but sometimes you may have a wrinkled mess by the time you pull into your driveway. I like to put my basket either in the back of my car and then quickly fold the laundry and drape the hang-up clothing over top of it to keep them in good shape. Sometimes I also put a long hanging pole in the back of my car and hang all the hang-up clothes over it It makes it super easy to grab and put right into my closet.
Have Entertainment: If you have to feel bring your little ones, make sure you have plenty of entertainment for them to stay busy while your laundry gets clean and dry. If they are old enough, you can always ask them to help you like pouring the laundry soap in the wash or help fold the dry clothes. Sometimes it’s even helpful for them to help to load everything too. If they aren’t old enough, I usually bring a big color or sticker book for them to stay busy or even reading new books we’ve picked out at the library.
Are you looking for a laundry mat that meets all these criteria? If you live in the Virginia area, the people at The Clothes Spin laundry, located in the Lynchburg area, are the perfect place for you. They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and perfect for when you could be in a pickle like I was. They have 22 washers and 24 dryers that are available for you that wash about 80 pounds of laundry and 3 various sizes! The best part is, with so many things to remember to bring with you, one of them isn’t cash or coins! They have a ClearToken app that you download and purchase your laundry credits with. The app walks you through everything so you are able to get in and get out at your convenience. Be sure to check this laundromat near Appomattox, VA, and their other locations.
Hopefully, these tips are helpful when needing to go to your local laundromat with yourself, friends, family or your children. When it comes to getting your laundry done, that’s all that matters and you can count on the friendly people at The Clothes Spin to make you feel safe, secure and able to get in and out as you please to go about your day.
What are your favorite Laundry Mat tips?
Now that the Evergreene Homes are down to their last 5 homes available, it is your last chance to get in!
Sharing 5 reasons why Brewers Crossing is a great place to live.
1. You can walk to over 15 different restaurants for dinner!
2. There is a Brewery in your backyard. No joke, Mobtown Brewery is just steps away from your front door.
3. You can walk to 3 different gyms, a spin studio, and a yoga studio.
4. You are 2 blocks away from Target.
5. There’s plenty of nightlife just a short walk away!
Need I say more?
Sharing 10 Instagram caption ideas to perfectly capture your snow day! ❄️
1. I love you snow much!
2. Flurries of fun!
3. Ice Ice Baby.
4. Snow much fun!
5. Stay Cozy.
6. The snuggle is real.
7. Up to snow good.
8. One large hot chocolate please.
9. Yes, it is still iced coffee weather.
10. My favorite outdoor activity is going back inside
xoxo, K & T
Five Date Night at Home Ideas
1. Spa Night at Home – Think Face Masks, Bubble Baths, Candles, and Bubbly. Sounds like the perfect night to me.
2. Make a Pizza from scratch. Make your own dough and all! When food is in the mix you always know it is going to be a fun date night.
3. Build your own floral arrangement. Reach out to your local florist for a bundle of florals to create your own!
4. Build your own ice cream Sundae’s. And I am talking all the toppings!
5. Pick a City and theme your dinner and a movie at home around the city of your choosing!
1. I can walk to grab dinner, drinks, coffee, & pastries!
2. My rooftop deck is seriously larger than my last apartment! The summers on the rooftop are going to be epic.
3. Two car side by side garage! This is a rarity in the city.
4. MY KITCHEN ISLAND. I seriously could not love my kitchen any more.
5. The location is perfect. So close to the highway, so it makes it convenient to visit family out of state.
6. Street Parking has never been an issue! So when friends come over there is always a place for them to park!
7. Everyone in our neighborhood has dogs!
8. I am in walking distance to Target! Super quick when I need to pick up something for the house.
9. 4 bedrooms give us enough to both have an office and have a spare bedroom!
10. It truly feels like HOME!